Ever experience a client call running over and you need to get on the road?
Have you taken a call in your car on the way to work and need to transfer to your desk phone when you get there?
GoTo offers three ways to answer any call: the desktop app, mobile app, and the physical desk phone. This can be extremely convenient for you if you move around the office, take calls on the road, work remotely, etc. A useful feature many users are unaware of is the ability to switch active calls between devices.
Calls can be flipped that are active, waiting in queue, in the process of being transferred, or even calls that have not yet been answered.
Currently, there are no permission checks. Keep in mind if there are multiple active calls, you can’t pick which one flips.
Follow these steps to flip a call:
- While on an active call on another device, open GoToConnect desktop or web.
- Hover over Your active call on another device in the left sidebar and then click to complete the switch to the desktop app.
- The call will be automatically ended on the original device. This change will be transparent to the other party.
- While on an active call on another device, open GoToConnect mobile.
- Tap Active Call at the top of your screen.
- Tap Take the call to complete the switch to the mobile app.
- While on an active call, dial *77 from the desk phone.
- The call will automatically end on the original device. This change will be transparent to the other party.
Want another pro tip? When a colleague’s phone is ringing, you can pick up the call by dialing *97 from your phone then entering the colleague’s extension.
Interested in VOIP phones? Contact PremierePC today.