Jive Secure (Call Encryption)
PremierePC and Jive Commutations are proud to present Secure Call.
This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
Jive Secure protects your conversations with audio encryption—ensuring unwanted listeners can’t hack into your calls. Here’s the nitty-gritty: When you’re on a call, audio travels between two separate paths. First, between your phone network and Jive Cloud; and second, between Jive Cloud and your caller’s phone network. The two paths together allow you to speak to and hear each other. Jive Secure encrypts the first path of audio and encrypts both if your call is with another device that has Secure Calling enabled as well. Now you can rest easy knowing your network is protected.
What You Need to Know
- Jive Web and Jive Mobile support Jive Secure.
- Jive Voice features like call monitoring (eavesdropping) and call recording still work with call encryption enabled.
- Call encryption may use slightly more bandwidth and will change the network protocol you’re using. As a result, be sure to adjust your network policies as needed.
- If Media Release is enabled on your network, Jive Secure will override this setting.
- Jive Secure uses TCP protocol. Ensure that port 5062 is enabled on your network.
How to enable
Need this feature enabled for your business? Reach out to our team to learn more and schedule an implementation session. Certain adjustments to our client’s edge device will be required before enabling this feature.