1. Over 6,000 new computer viruses are created and released every month. 90% of emails contain some form of malware!
2. The Firefox logo isn’t a fox… it’s a red panda!
3. Samsung is 38 years and 1 month older than Apple.
4. One Petabyte (PB) = 1024 (TB). To put this in perspective, a 50PB hard drive could hold the entire written works of mankind from the beginning of recorded history in all languages.
5. Alexa is always listening to your conversations. Alexa stores all of your dialogue history in the cloud to improve the Alexa experience.
6. On average, people read 10% slower from a screen than from paper.
7. The first computer mouse was made in 1964 by Doug Engelbart. It was rectangular and made from wood!
8. On average, there is only one reply per 12 million spam emails sent.
9. Surgeons that grew up playing video games more than three hours per week make 37% fewer errors and have a 42% faster completion rate when performing laparoscopic surgery and suturing.
10. NASA’s internet speed is 91 GB per second.
11. Until 2010, carrier pigeons were faster than the internet.
12. In 1971, the first ever computer virus was developed. Named Creeper, it was made as an experiment just to see how it spread between computers. The virus simply displayed the message: “I’m the creeper, catch me if you can!”