Did You Know… (5 Google Tips)
Did you know you can customize your Google Searches?
Here are five tips to help you improve your search engine skills.
- Filter search results by date. Type your phrase and search. Then click TOOLS (below the search bar), change ANY TIME to CUSTOM RANGE. Insert your dates and filter.
- Exclude keywords you don’t need. Place a MINUS SIGN (-) in front of any words you don’t want included in your search. Emphasize important search terms by placing a PLUG SIGN (+) in front of it.
- Search for files. Type FILETYPE:_____ at the beginning of your search. Fill the blank with the type of file you’re looking for. Ex. filetype:pdf for pdf files and filetyps:xlsx for Excel spreadsheet.
- Use Advanced Search. Click SETTINGS and look for ADVANCED SEARCH; there are multiple ways you can further specify your search.
- Quick tips. Type exact searches in QUOTES. Search a specific site by placing SITE:____ directly in front of URL. (site:premierepc.net “computer and network support”)