Google Workspace: merging Gmail, Chat, and Docs
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, encompasses Gmail, Docs, Meet, Sheets, and Calendar.
Some new features will include:
- Google has added a new “Business Plus” level with more device management features.
- A Chat window can spawn a new document for everybody in the group without needing a new tab.
- In Google Docs, you can immediately start a video call in the same window for everyone who is active in the document.
- Google Workspace apps will let users bring up small previews of other documents embedded in the thing they’re working on.
- Google will expand the use of smart chips, little contact cards that can pop up when you @-mention somebody in a document.
- Create a doc directly from a chat window.
- Start a video call from within a presentation.
Some of these changes will begin rolling out immediately, others coming in the next few months.
Click here and access the Google Workspace Admin help center to learn more.